During EA's earnings call they revealed that Apex Legends daily and weekly active players have grown and Season 3 is shaping up to be even bigger than the second.
The launch of Apex Legends Season 2 has brought a lot of excitement back to the game since its blazing fast start and the numbers have backed that up.
On top of saying the active player count has grown, EA also hinted towards Season 3 by saying that growth will continue, but didn't go into any detail about what to expect from the new season.
Video game analyst Daniel Ahmed gave us highlights of the July 30 earnings call where EA also touched upon how the highly-anticipated mobile launch is still on track along with the China debut.
- Read more: PUBG and Fortnite have had on a mobile format. The China launch could also help fix the hacking problem that plagues the game on PC.
$EA Earnings Call:
- Apex Legends will continue to focus on the season update model.
- Daily and Weekly active players has grown since S2.
- Season 3 shaping up to be even bigger.
- Announced new esports tournament for Sep.
- China launch and Global mobile launch on track.
— Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) July 30, 2019
Many fans were singing the swan song for Apex Legends but it looks like those concerns can be put to rest now considering how well it's doing now.
Season 2 introduced a lot of fan-favorite features such as a ranked mode and challenges along with introducing a new Legend in Wattson.
If EA and Respawn plan to have the launch of Season 3 be even bigger than the first, they're going to have to pull more out of their bag tricks.
Apex Legends is in a pretty good spot right now, but there are still a number of bugs that need fixing, and hit registration leaves a lot to be desired.
The developers have done a good job handling the game so far so if they keep on the current path and continue to provide semi-frequent updates, the players will remain happy and the game will grow.