Apex Legends Mobile has revealed the next mobile-exclusive Legend, the sound-based rebel Rhapsody, with a minute-long story cinematic trailer.
As Season 2 of Apex Legends Mobile approaches, Respawn Entertainment gave fans the first look at the next mobile-exclusive Legend.
Though the new Legend’s name leaked online early, fans officially got the first look at her in action.
Respawn released a minute-long story cinematic trailer that introduced Rhapsody, a sound-based rebel who looks to be taking the stage in Season 2.
Who is Rhapsody in Apex Legends?
Thanks to the official Apex Legends Mobile Twitter account, we know Rhapsody will make her debut on July 12, 2022 when Season Two: Distortion begins.
The tweet and recent patch notes from Respawn included the Season 2 launch trailer, which mainly focuses on giving a bit of background lore for Rhapsody.
The trailer opens with narration from Rhapsody, dispelling rumors that she started a the collapse and riots surrounding Pythas Inc., a prominent corporation that “controls all” on Kómma.
The patch notes say that “the best way to understand Rhapsody is through her music,” which clearly inspires her ability set and aesthetic.
Apparently, Rhapsody’s mother built her robot companion, Rowdy, to help “amplify her daughter’s voice.” Rhapsody’s mother was eventually fired from Pythas after discovering “company secrets,” essentially leading her family to financial ruin and into the “dangerous nightlife district” Neon Dunes.
Rhapsody honed her DJ talents at Neon Dunes which began inspiring the “rebellious heart” of the people there.
After accepting an offer to perform on the wealthier side of town for a chance to wipe out her family’s debt, Rhapsody earned Pythas’ wrath and accepted an offer to join the Apex Games under their banner to avoid more problems for her family.
Now, “Rhapsody plans on topping the Apex charts until she’s earned enough to buy her way out of this “sponsorship deal” and win her family’s life back.”
Further along in the trailer, we get our first look at the new Team Deathmatch map launching in Season 2: Pythas Block 0.
Pythas Block 0 looks to be a neon purple metropolis, which is set at nighttime according to the reveal trailer.
Rhapsody’s abilities in Apex Legends Mobile
Rhapsody’s cinematic reveal trailer offered some hints about her abilities, which looked to give the team some helpful support throughout.
However, thanks to Respawn’s Season 2 Distortion patch notes, we now know Rhapsody’s full ability list and progression perks.
Rhapsody of course has a Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate ability, which seems to incorporate her speaker-like robot buddy, Rowdy.
- Passive: Gifted Ear – You pick up and visualize sounds from an extended range
- Tactical: Hype Anthem – Play a powerful track that speeds up nearby squadmates and recharges shields. Taking damage will end the effect.
- Ultimate Ability: Rowdy’s Rave – Rowdy projects a wall of flashing lights that blocks incoming sight and scans.
Additionally, the patch notes gave fans a full look at Rhapsody’s Legend Progression Perks:
- Volume Control – Squadmates affected by your Tactical temporarily gain Gifted Ear.
- Sound Bleed – Occasionally see nearby 3D sound visualizations effects through walls.
- Tuned In – Continuous running increases the range of Gifted Ear.
- Reverb – The more squadmates your Tactical affects, the longer it lasts.
- Harmony – Your Tactical increases the speed of revives and the effect of healing items.
- Rowdy’s Rhythm – During your ultimate, squadmates standing near Rowdy reload faster.
Players won’t have to wait long to see exactly what Rhapsody brings to the mobile battle royale as Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: Distortion launches on July 12, 2022.