Every Animal Crossing player knows the pain of having an unwanted villager move into their town, and finding out the best way to get villagers to move out can undoubtedly be a tricky situation. Luckily, there’s a way to force them out in New Horizons.
There’s no greater pain in Animal Crossing than seeing a new villager decide to move into your town, only to check the nameplate on the plot of land and they’re someone you really don’t want.
Luckily, there’s hope in New Horizons. One simple trick in-game can force any undesirable inhabitants off of your island, giving you room for someone you like to take their place.
How to move out villagers in ACNH
The technique involves “time traveling”, so if you’re not someone who’s okay with doing that, there’s not much you can do other than wait for whoever it is you want gone to leave willingly by themselves. If you are down, though, let’s get into it.
- Set your Switch’s system clock date 10 days in the future, between 12 and 3 PM.
- In-game, find a villager with a speech bubble above their head.
- If it’s not the villager you want, tell them you’d like to stay.
- If no villager has a speech bubble, time travel forward one day at a time until someone does.
- Rinse and repeat until the villager you want out has the speech bubble above their head.
This method will take a lot of time, but there is one more method you can utilize if you want to get that pesky villager out in a flash.
Move out villagers with amiibo cards
Another easier way to accomplish this is by using an amiibo card for the character you want. For this method, simply:
- Scan the card into your Switch using the machine within your Town Hall.
- Visit the villager’s tent.
- Complete their DIY request (you’ll have to do this three times on separate days).
- If you have all 10 houses on your island filled, you’ll be able to pick which villager moves out.
- Read More: Blue roses guide
So, there you have it. All you need to know on how to get those unwanted villagers to move out in Animal Crossing. For more guide content such as how to get a 5-star town rating, how to sell turnips, and how to get the shell arch, keep it locked to Dexerto.